hat to do when you want a chocolate fix? Rummage through the cupboards and find some hazelnuts and raw chocolate! Yes, yes, yes.... it's got to be healthy raw chocolate hazelnut spread!
- 250g raw hazelnuts or for a tastier version you can roast the hazelnuts
- 4 tbspn raw cacao powder
- 6-8 dates
- Maple Syrup (a generous squeeze of a plastic bottled version!)
- water (a dash, or you could use almond milk)
- 3 tbspn coconut oil (melted)
- 2/3 tsp vanilla extract
- Add hazelnuts to blender process until you get a sticky dough, almost to a nut butter stage.
For extra flavour, you can slightly roast the hazelnuts prior to using them in this recipe. Preheat the oven to 180c/350F/Gas mark 4. Place the nuts on a baking tray in an even layer for 10-15mins. Remove from the tray to cool and then remove the skins. You can then blend your roasted nuts once they've cooled.
- Add raw cocoa powder, dates maple syrup and vanilla extract and process until you get a smooth, creamy, thick chocolate spread.
- Add splashes of water so you can get the consistency you would like for your spread.
- Store in the fridge. Usually keeps for a few weeks.